12/29/2012

My Metro UI Design

Being dragged to be a General Director of Marketing, Communication and Cooperation at ComInfo BEM-ITS at my last year of college, i got task from my minister directly, to made a design for recruitment poster. Actually i'm being stucked.. i got design block! But, i keep watched what's on laptop's screen, and... finally i got idea..

Metro UI style! yeah..

Metro is an internal code name of a typography-based design language created by Microsoft, originally for use in Windows Phone. A key design principle of Metro is better focus on the content of applications, relying more on typography and less on graphics. Early uses of the Metro principles began as early as Microsoft Encarta 95 and MSN 2.0, and later evolved into Windows Media Center and Zune.Later the principles of Metro were included in Windows Phone, Microsoft's website, the Xbox 360 dashboard update, and Windows 8. (wikipedia.org)

Sometimes my friend said that I'm a freaky windows phone but didn't use to have it! It sounds poor rite? But for now, I think that was the right choice. With minimalistic design concept, i could finished it fast as good as usual. The next reason for choose metro UI style is because i don't have a lot of graphic. With metro UI style we could just focus on the words, needless a lot of pictures.
And the first things i should do... installed corel draw. Yeah, that means, since my laptop was broken, I never even touched that software. Whereas, Corel was still a familliar software for me...haha..
Finally..i make it..although it looks a bit odd..lack of experience! X)

This is the twitter version..
As metro ui style, I just played with typograhy, no more graphics, just logo twitter and facebook. I used Segoe UI for the font.


 This is the caption about how I made the full version!
This is the final, hemm...i'm not really sure..
maybe it would be revised..






0 comments:

Post a Comment